Having a healthy family life can boost your chances of all living longer and having a happy, supportive family. Want to know how healthy your family is? Well help is at hand with this quick fitness quiz.
Take this fun and quick fitness quiz to get a sense of what areas might need improvement…
1. How many times a week do you and your family eat out?
- A. 0 to 3
- B. 3 to 5
- C. They know our names at the local fish and chip shop and takeaway pizza joint.
2. How often are you as a family active together?
- A. We try to do something most days, even if it’s just playing footy.
- B. We don’t have time during the week, but on weekends we almost always do something—like go swimming or bike riding.
- C. Does chasing them around each evening to put on their pajamas count?
3. How many hours a day do you or your children spend in front of the TV or computer, or playing video games?
- A. 0 to 1
- B. 1 to 2
- C. 2 to 4
4. If we were to bump into you in the supermarket and peeked in your shopping trolley, would we find mainly fresh, lean meats and produce—or bags, boxes, and cans of prepared foods?
- A. Mainly fresh stuff
- B. About half and half
- C. Mainly packaged foods
5. How many days a week do you perform some form of physical exercise?
- A. Most days of the week
- B. 2 to 4 days a week
- C. Only the week after making my New Year’s Resolutions
6. Do you have access to public recreation facilities (parks, playgrounds, bike paths, etc.)?
- A. Yes, and we use them regularly.
- B. Yes, but it’s a little bit of a drive.
- C. Not that I know of.
How Did You Do?
Fitness Quiz Answers…
You’re doing great—keep up the good work! To boost your family’s health scores even more, take a look at any B or C answers you had in this fitness quiz and work toward improving them (e.g., more veggies, less screen time, more outdoor activities).
Looks like your family is doing pretty well—but you can definitely do even better! Use the A answers in the fitness quiz above as your guide to what you need to shoot for, and see if you can add in another exercise session per week, eat out less, or get out and enjoy more outdoor activities as a family.
You seem to be struggling in the diet-and-exercise department. Don’t worry though – help is on hand! That’s our area of expertise at Healthy Glow PT Studio here in Woodvale. We’ve been the local leaders of health and fitness for the past 11 years helping many Woodvale Residents improve their health and fitness.
You can find our more about the services we offer here or why not contact us to arrange a complimentary strategy call (it’s free of charge) – we can sit down, talk about your goals and help you put together a solid action plan to help get you started, Plus you can come down, check out the studio to see if we can play a part in helping you achieve those goals.
You might also want to look over the fitness quiz’s answers again:
The A answers are what you should be aiming for, but take it slowly! Trying to totally overhaul your eating and fitness habits all at once is a recipe for failure; it’s just too much for anyone to handle.
Make one small change at a time—say, eating at home one more time a week instead of going out or finding a local park or playground, even if it’s a few miles away. You’ll get there!
If after taking this fitness quiz, you have realised that you need to lose weight, want to have more energy, feel less hungry or you want to optimise your health, while reducing the risk of insulin resistance and metabolic syndrome – adopting these lifestyle habits could make all the difference and they could give you the tools to understand your body better.
And if you need some guidance and support, then the team at HEALTHY GLOW are here to help.